Horizon scanning/early alerts
NOMA prepares short reports (early alerts/metodevarsler) for all new active substances and extended indications that result in new patients, between 6 and 12 months prior to the marketing authorization (MA). The scope is to ensure that new and important drugs are identified and prioritized for health technology assessment (HTA). More information about horizon scanning.
Horizon scanning meetings
Horizon scanning meetings (former pipeline meetings) are meant to be a supplement to the early alerts with a somewhat longer time perspective (24-36 months before MA). This provides the companies with an opportunity to present pharmaceuticals they expect to bring to market in Norway within the next two to three years. The Norwegian Hospital Procurement Trust, Division drug procurements (LIS) is responsible for arranging the meetings in 2022. In addition to LIS, NOMA is invited to the meetings and when present brings knowledge of marketing authorization and health economics.
Each meeting has a time limit of 60 minutes and is required to highlight the following regarding pipeline drugs:
- Active substance and expected mechanism of action
- Planned medical indication
- Medical value compared to current treatment
- Schedule for submission to regulatory authorities and expected approval
We are also interested in:
- Results from registration studies
- Patient population that may be relevant for the medicine in Norway
- Upcoming patent expiry
- Price and expected budget impact
- New technology challenging existing regulations
Questions regarding pipeline meetings can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.