Horizon scanning/early alerts
NOMA prepares short reports (early alerts/metodevarsler) for all new active substances and extended indications that result in new patients, between 6 and 12 months prior to the marketing authorization (MA). The scope is to ensure that new and important drugs are identified and prioritized for health technology assessment (HTA). More information about horizon scanning.
Pipeline meetings are meant to be a supplement to the early alerts with a somewhat longer time perspective (24-36 months before MA). New from 2019 is the completion of predefined days on which the pharmaceutical industry is welcome to present products they expect to launch in Norway within the next two to three years. In addition to NOMA, Norwegian Hospital Procurement Trust, Division drug procurements (LIS) are represented at the meetings.
Each meeting has a time limit of 60 minutes and is required to highlight the following regarding pipeline drugs:
- Active substance and expected mechanism of action
- Planned medical indication
- Medical value compared to current treatment
- Schedule for submission to regulatory authorities and expected approval
We are also interested in:
- Results from registration studies
- Patient population that may be relevant for the medicine in Norway
- Upcoming patent expiry
- Price and expected budget impact
- New technology challenging existing regulations
In order to improve the quality of the
information collected we wish to receive presentations used in the pipeline meetings
as well as key information on relevant drugs summarized in an excelsheet, no later than two days before the meeting. All information is treated confidentially, but it is up to each pharmaceutical company which information is shared. Participation in pipeline meetings are voluntary and does not affect the possibility of meeting NOMA in other contexts.
In 2019 we will conduct pipeline meetings on the following days:
- February 13th (fully booked)
- May 22th (fully booked)
- August 28th (fully booked)
- November 20th (fully booked)
No further meetings are planned in 2019. Any meeting dates for 2020 will be published later.
Questions regarding pipeline meetings can be directed to Rita Hvalbye